Kansas City, Kansas
- Main article: Evaluation of Kansas city websites
|Transparency grading process|
This website was most recently evaluated on Feb. 25, 2013.
- Elected Officials
- Contact information for county administration is posted.
- Audits are posted and archived to 2001.
- Zoning and Permits
- Public Records
- The public relations department describes its duties as including legislative lobbying.
- The amount of money spent on Taxpayer-funded lobbying is not posted
- The county does not post membership in associations that lobby the state and federal government.
|Rev. Mark Holland||At-large, District 1|
|John J. Mendez||At-large, District 2|
|Thomas R. Cooley||7|
|Benoyd M. Ellison||8|
|Source||Revenue||% of Total|
|Charges for Service||$45,924,850||17%|
|Area||Expenditures||% of Total|
The unified government has $180 million in unfunded liabilities for county employees' retirement benefits. The ratio of these liabilities to current payroll is 165.8%.
Board of public utilities
Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS, has $21 million in unfunded liabilities for the BPU pension plan, and $42.1 in unfunded liabilities for the BPU other post-employment benefits.
The 2012 mill levy for Wyandotte County/Kansas City, KS, is 81.396, up from 74.711 in 2011.
In 2011, Kansas City, KS, won its pitch to have Google select the city as the site of its new Fiber Project, whose goal is to develop super-fast internet access. Kansas City came out ahead of 1,100 other cities that applied, including Topeka, KS, which even went so far as to rename itself Google for a day in an effort to secure the Google project.
- U.S. Census Bureau, "QuickFacts," accessed November 21, 2011
- County Commissioners
- Other Elected Officials
- Minutes and Agendas
- Archived Agendas
- Archived Minutes
- Budget Archives
- Pay Taxes Online
- Bid Tabulations
- Building Permits
- Public Records Request
- FOI Officer
- Public Relations Office
- Wyandotte County, Kansas City, Kansas, "Government," accessed November 20, 2011
- Kansas City Examiner, "KC Mayors Win OneKC Award," accessed November 20, 2011
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- WYCOKCK "2010 CAFR," accessed November 20, 2011
- CBS News, "Google to boost Internet in Kansas City, Kan.," accessed November 20, 2011