Kansas City Question 1: Tax Levy Renewal (April 2013)
This measure authorized Kansas City to renew a property tax levy of 2.2 mills ($2.2 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) for nine years in order to fund different health and emergency medical services in the city.This tax currently yields $15 million per year in revenue.
|Kansas City Question 1|
- These election results are from the Kansas City Elections Office.
Text of measure
Text of the question:
|“|| Shall the City of Kansas City, Missouri be authorized to renew the current tax levy of 22 cents per $100.00 assessed valuation dedicated to ambulance services, emergency medical services, hospital and public health purposes for a period of nine years with the additional revenues to continue to be distributed as follows: the revenue derived from 3 1/2 cents of the levy to ambulance services, the revenue derived from 3 1/2 cents of the levy to non-for-profit neighborhood health centers, and the revenue derived from 15 cents of the levy to Truman Medical Center?
- April 2, 2013 ballot measures in Missouri
- Cass County, Missouri ballot measures
- Clay County, Missouri ballot measures
- Platte County, Missouri ballot measures
- Cass County Clerk Website: Election Information
- Greater KC Chamber backs health levy, tourism tax ballot proposals
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |