Kansas City Question 2: Tourism & Hotel Tax Exemption Removal (April 2013)
This measure authorized Kansas City to remove all currently existing exemptions for convention, tourism and hotel/motel taxes, except for government exemptions. The additional revenue generated by the removal of these exemptions would be used to fund tourism and entertainment facilities in the city.
|Kansas City Question 2|
- These election results are from the Kansas City Elections Office.
Text of measure
Text of the question:
|“||Shall the City of Kansas City, Missouri be authorized to remove all existing exemptions from payment of the existing convention and tourism tax on transient guests, except the exemption held by the United States government, and to collect the existing tax of seven and one-half percent of the amount of sales or charges for all sleeping rooms paid by the transient guests of hotels, motels and tourist courts situated within the city, except for persons on United States government official business, in order to provide additional funds for the promotion of convention and visitor business and neighborhood tourism and support of city owned convention and entertainment facilities?
- April 2, 2013 ballot measures in Missouri
- Cass County, Missouri ballot measures
- Clay County, Missouri ballot measures
- Platte County, Missouri ballot measures
- Cass County Clerk Website: Election Information
- Greater KC Chamber backs health levy, tourism tax ballot proposals
- Cass County April 2, 2013, Sample Ballot
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |