|Pennsylvania State House District 131|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Beyer earned her B.A. in Government from the College of William and Mary.
Beyer's professional experience includes her work in the following positions: United States Air Force, Staff Writer/Marketing Department of The Morning Call, and News Clerk/Correspondent for the Harrisburg Patriot-News.
On July 19, 2005, Beyer won a special election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. She served in the Pennsylvania House until 2010, representing the 131st District.
While a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Beyer served on the following committees:
- Health & Human Services Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Liquor Control Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Urban Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Beyer was defeated by Justin Simmons in the primary election. Beyer received 1,855 votes while Simmons received 2,238.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 131|
|Karen D. Beyer (R)||19,791||100.0%|
Beyer and her husband, Merrill, have four children.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Beyer
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 131
| Succeeded by|
Justin Simmons (R)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |