Dover is a lifelong resident of Grove City, Ohio and a graduate of Grove City High School. She attended Franklin University where she received her Bachelor's in Finance. She is currently the Chief Financial Officer of Crosslink Management Services and owner of Mill Street Market. She and her husband, Neil, have four boys.
|South-Western City Schools, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Cathy Johnson Incumbent||34.6%||6,258|
|Nonpartisan||Lee Schreiner Incumbent||33.1%||5,997|
|Nonpartisan||Karen Dover Incumbent||32.3%||5,842|
|Source: Franklin County Board of Elections, "Election Summary Report for General Election in Franklin County, Ohio," accessed December 13, 2013|
Dover was endorsed by the Franklin County Republican Party.
What was at stake?
Three incumbents ran unopposed for three at-large seats on the South-Western City School Board on November 5, 2013.
About the district
- See also: South-Western City Schools, Ohio
In terms of graduation rate and average household income, Franklin County overperformed in these areas. The graduation rate was 89.3% compared to 87.8% statewide. The average household income was $50,045 compared to $48,071 in the entire state. Franklin County underperformed in terms of poverty rate with 17.4%, while the poverty rate for Ohio was 14.8%.
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||Franklin County (%)||Ohio (%)|
|Hispanic or Latino||5.0||3.3|
|Two or More Races||2.9||2.0|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karen + Dover + South-Western + City + Schools + Ohio"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Grove City Town Center, "Karen Dover," accessed October 29, 2013
- Official Republican Slate Card, "Endorsed Republican Candidates," accessed October 29, 2013 (dead link)
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Elections & Voting: Campaign Finance," accessed December 26, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Franklin County," accessed October 21, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014