|Maine House of Representatives District 58|
|2010 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Retired business owner|
Karen Foster is a former Republican member of the Maine House of Representatives, representing District 58 from 2010 to 2012. Foster ran in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 58.
Foster is a retired business owner, with 20 years as the owner of a floral shop. Karen also has experience coordinating weddings and events, and is a substitute teacher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Foster served on the following committees:
Foster ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 58. Foster ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and was defeated by Lori Fowle (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 58, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Karen Foster Incumbent||45%||2,072|
Foster's opponent in the November 2 general election was Democratic candidate Emily Mitchell. According to official results, Foster defeated Mitchell in the November 2 general election. Republican incumbent William Browne was not eligible for re-election under Maine's term limits.
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 58 (2010)|
|Karen Foster (R)||2,291||56%|
|Emily Mitchell (D)||1,681||41%|
In 2010, Foster raised $6,762 in contributions.
Her top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $6,457 to her campaign.
Foster and her husband Tom have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Karen + Foster + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
William Browne (R)
|Maine House of Representatives District 58
| Succeeded by|
Lori Fowle (D)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |