|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104|
Renny's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt: "I'll work to evaluate how we're spending money to attract and retain jobs and fight to eliminate burdensome red tape and regulations hurting our small and large businesses."
Focus On Our Future
- Excerpt: "I'll fight to bring funding equity to northwest Michigan schools, work to be sure our kids have options and tools to receive the best education possible, and work on legislation allowing our community colleges to offer more advanced classes, certifications and degrees."
Roads & Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "I'll work to find efficiencies in government that can be redirected to our roads, improving our overall quality of life. This must be a priority for our long-term success."
- Excerpt: "We must be certain the private-sector is providing the tools Michigan residents need to live healthy lives, but we also must encourage individuals to take personal responsibility for their health and wellness."
- Excerpt: "I will work with our farmers and businesses in northwest Michigan to be sure we're doing everything we can to help grow and expand this critical industry, while making sure we're cutting any unnecessary red tape and burdensome regulations."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Betsy Coffia defeated Penny Larcom in the Democratic primary. Eight candidates ran in the Republican primary; Larry Inman won, with Robert Hentschel and Isaiah Wunsch finishing second and third, respectively. Coffia faces Inman in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Renny's endorsements included:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karen + Renny + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 104
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Karen Renny on Facebook
- Karen Renny on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- voterenny.com, "Issues," accessed August 1, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |