|California Secretary of Agriculture|
|January 12, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 12, 2011|
|Appointed by||Governor Jerry Brown (D)|
|Bachelor's||University of Nebraska-Lincoln|
Before becoming secretary, Ross was chief of staff for U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack from 2009 to 2010. Before entering public service, she spent over thirteen years as president of the California Association of Winegrape Growers and executive director of the Winegrape Growers of America. She also served on the California State Board of Food and Agriculture from 2001 to 2009. Previously, Ross was vice president of government affairs for the Agricultural Council of California from 1989 to 1996 and government relations director for the Nebraska Rural Electric Association from 1985 to 1988.
- B.A., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Graduated, Nebraska Ag Leadership Program
California Secretary of Agriculture (2011-present)
Ross was first appointed on January 12, 2011 by Gov. Jerry Brown. Since the secretary of food and agriculture holds office at the pleasure of the governor, she is not subject to periodic reappointment.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karen + Ross + California + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Food & Ag Conference 2013: Karen Ross, California Department of Food and ... - North Bay Business Journal
- Secretary Ross joins State Board of Food and Agriculture for visit to ... - Imperial Valley News
- Tracking Nitrogen Use in Farming - KMJ Now
- Task force makes recommendations on nitrogen tracking and reporting system ... - Lake County News
- A California Welcome to Agronomics Vision 2014 - AgWired
- Cornell's Helene Dillard named dean of agricultural and environmental sciences - UC Davis
- No SJ fair in 2014? Year off could help retool, rescue event - Stockton Record
- History, transparency hallmarks of North Bay food and agriculture - North Bay Business Journal
- California agencies release draft action plan for water, ask for input and ... - Lake County News
- Giving so much more than thanks - The Turlock Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|California Secretary of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|