|Minnesota State Senate, District 60|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||January 10, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dziedzic served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
Dziedzic's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will bring an enthusiasm and passion to improve our area to the State Capitol, and will work to fund the Grand Round Missing Link and Granary Road."
- Excerpt: "The best strategy for good jobs is a world-class education system, not cuts and budget gimmicks that shortchange Minnesota’s public schools. Job creation will be my top priority—and a quality education is key to a good job."
Environment and Clean Water
- Excerpt: "I will make sure that Clean Water and Legacy funds are put to proper use in the district, restoring natural resources like our Mississippi River, and stabilizing stream banks to protect drinking water for future generations."
Equal Rights for all Minnesotans
- Excerpt: "The marriage amendment is a civil rights issue. Hate and discrimination have no place in the state constitution. I will vote against the amendment and work vigorously to defeat it."
Neighborhoods and Affordable Housing
- Excerpt: "We need to both foster additional owner-occupied housing to help stabilize neighborhoods that are becoming increasingly transient, and we must ensure that rental buildings are safe for the tenants who live there."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Dziedzic won re-election to her seat in District 60. She was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Mark Lazarchic (R) and Rahn V. Workcuff (Independence) in the general election on November 6.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 60, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kari Dziedzic Incumbent||77.4%||29,014|
2012 special election
|Minnesota State Senate, District 59, Special Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Dziedzic is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Dziedzic raised a total of $41,322 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Kari Dziedzic's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State Senate, District 60||$41,322|
|Grand Total Raised||$41,322|
2012Dziedzic won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Dziedzic raised a total of $41,322.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kari Dziedzic's campaign in 2012|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 539||$500|
|Committee Of Thirteen Legislative Fund||$500|
|Local 49 Political Fund||$500|
|Firefighters Association Of Minneapolis Political Fund||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$41,322|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kari + Dziedzic + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education, "Governor Dayton Appoints Sen. Larry Pogemiller to Head the Office of Higher Education," October 28, 2011
- "kariforsenate," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Star-Tribune, "Special elections set Tuesday," January 7, 2012
- Minnesota SOS, "UNOFFICIAL RESULTS: State Representative District 61B," accessed January 10, 2011
- Politics in Minnesota, "Dziedzic, Allen win Minneapolis special elections," January 10, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Dziedzic, Kari." Retrieved June 28, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
Scott Dibble (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 60
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota State Senate District 59
| Succeeded by|
Bobby Joe Champion (DFL)