Karin N. Gorman was a 2014 Independent candidate for District 43 of the Rhode Island House of Representatives.
Gorman's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
As your Representative at the Rhode Island State House, Karin Gorman will:
- Excerpt: "Protect taxpayers from the irresponsible 38 Studios and $75 million bad loan payback bills the current Representative voted for"
- Excerpt: "Reduce car registration and inspection fees the current Representative voted to raise"
- Excerpt: "Restore the car tax exemption the current Representative voted to reduce"
- Excerpt: "Protect our Veterans, Seniors and most vulnerable from fraud and abuse"
- Excerpt: "Cut fees and taxes to spur economic growth to create jobs in Johnston and Rhode Island"
- Excerpt: "Eliminate fraud and abuse in our social service programs"
- Excerpt: "Relieve taxpayers from the cost of illegal immigration - NO DRIVER’S LICENSES"
- See also: Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Deborah Fellela defeated Edward Doyle in the Democratic primary. Karin Gorman ran as an Independent candidate. Daniel Hawkins (I) withdrew from the ballot before the primary. Fellela defeated Gorman in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 43 Democratic Primary, 2014
Deborah Fellela Incumbent
| Edward Doyle
- See also: Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2012
Gorman ran for election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 43. Gorman was defeated by incumbent Deborah Fellela (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2012
||Deborah Fellela Incumbent
|| Karin Gorman
- See also: Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2010
Gorman was defeated by incumbent Democrat Deborah Fellela in the November 2 general election.
| Rhode Island House District 43
| Deborah Fellela (D)
| Karin Gorman (R)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karin + Gorman + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Karin Gorman News Feed
- ↑ Karin Gorman's campaign website, "Issues," accessed October 20, 2014
- ↑ Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- ↑ Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- ↑ Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 9, 2012
- ↑ State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014