|Minnesota State Senate, District 39|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||South St. Paul High School|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York|
|Place of birth||South St. Paul, Minnesota|
|Profession||Founder, investment club for women/radio host/Realtor|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Housley served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• State and Local Government|
Housley's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt: "I want to help get this state back on track to being prosperous. Now, more than ever, we need to focus on growing our economy & improving our job climate. We need to keep our businesses here and we need to help to create more jobs. I will work diligently for job growth in our state by easing the taxes, high fees, & complicated state regulations."
- Excerpt: "I will work with parents and educators to: Improve the quality of teaching, Address the student problems outside of the classroom, Hold schools accountable, Prepare ALL students for life after high school"
- Excerpt: "The ever-increasing cost of health care and outrageous cost of prescription drugs must be addressed. Opening our health care system to competition, increasing consumer-based decision-making in the process and providing greater incentives for those who purchase long-term care insurance are a couple cost-friendly approaches with promise."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Housley ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 39. She defeated Eric Michael Langness in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Julie Bunn (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 39 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Eric Michael Langness||32.7%||945|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Comprehensive donor information for Housley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Housley raised a total of $60,784 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 21, 2013.
|Karin Housley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota Senate, District 39||$60,784|
|Grand Total Raised||$60,784|
2012Housley won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Housley raised a total of $60,784.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Karin Housley's campaign in 2012|
|39th Senate District Republican Party of Minnesota||$1,500|
|52nd Senate District Republican Party of Minnesota||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$60,784|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Karin + Housley + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Facebook page
- Follow the Money career profile
- "housleyforsenate," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 25, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Housely, (sic) Karin," accessed December 21, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
James Metzen (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 39
| Succeeded by|