Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, Oregon|
King grew up in southeast Portland and Aloha, Oregon.
He is presently employed as a massage therapist, but he has also worked in software quality assurance and the mortgage industry. King is also attending Western Governors University pursuing a B.S. in business management.
King listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Privacy: "I feel that there should be legislation passed that defines what data should have an expectation of privacy and that it requires the government to obtain a specific search warrant to violate that expectation of privacy."
- Budget: "Such a plan should include the elimination of federal spending that is not in the best interest of the federal government as a whole such as; the 3.3 billion dollars in earmarks in fiscal year 2012. A plan to reduce national debt would also have to include increased tax revenues and I would propose that companies that transfer income to offshore subsidiaries be taxed on that transfer as though all of it were profit. If a corporation is going to profit from what the United States has to offer and the opportunities it affords them then they should be paying their fair share."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Karl + King + Oregon + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregonlive.com. "Republican Portland neurosurgeon considering run against Jeff Merkley," accessed October 12, 2013
- Karl King for U.S. Senate: "About Karl King," accessed November 17, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on November 14, 2013
- Karl King for U.S. Senate: "Issues," accessed November 17, 2013
- Karl King for U.S. Senate: "Promises," accessed November 17, 2013