|Oregon State Senate District 28|
Scronce is a retired wheat farmer. He attended Oregon State University where he studied agriculture business management. He has been involved in a number of organizations including Oregonians for Food and Shelter, the National Association of Wheat Growers, and the Klamath Country Natural Resource Advisory Committee. Scronce is married to his wife, Brenda.
On his 2012 campaign site, Scronce outlines his campaign themes.
- "I am running for the Oregon State Senate, representing the 28th District. This campaign is not about me. It is about being a voice for you, tackling the issues that matter most. I am not a career politician. I am a successful wheat farmer who farmed for 30 years before retiring last year. As a husband and third generation Klamath County resident, I share your values and priorities. My message is simple…”Job Creation-Education-Representation”. I respectfully ask for your vote, so I can work assertively and diligently for your interests in our State Legislature."
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2012
Scronce ran in the 2012 election for Oregon Senate District 28. Scronce was defeated by incumbent Doug Whitsett in the May 15 Republican primary. No Democratic candidates filed for election for the seat. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon State Senate, District 28 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Douglas K. Whitsett Incumbent||74.3%||12,190|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Karl + Scronce + Oregon + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Karl Scronce, Campaign website
- Karl Scronce, Official Facebook page
- Karl Scronce, Campaign Twitter feed
- Oregon Secretary of State, 2012 Candidate Information, "Karl D Scronce"
- Project Vote Smart Biography, "Karl D. Scronce"