Kate Brophy McGee
|Kate Brophy McGee|
|Arizona House of Representatives District 28|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$35/day for the first 120 days of regular session and for special sessions and $10/day thereafter.|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Arizona, 1977|
McGee was appointed to the Washington Elementary School District Governing Board in 1999. She then ran for re-election to this position in 2000 and 2004 and was successful both times. She then retired from the Board in 2007. She also served on the Arizona School Facilities Board from 2001 to 2006.
McGee has been a Republican Precinct Committeeman since 1999. She has served as Recording Secretary of the Republican Legislative District 11 Executive Committee and Republican State Committeeman since 2008.
McGee earned her degree with a major in History and minor in Spanish in 1977. Her professional experience includes working in consumer and commercial lending and as senior commercial loan officer and bank vice president from 1978 to 1990 and as a part-time accountant and consultant.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McGee served on the following committees:
|Arizona Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• DES Block Grants|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McGee served on these committees:
|Arizona Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Water|
|• Energy and Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
|• Health and Human Services|
The Goldwater Institute releases its "Legislative Report Card" annually for all Arizona legislators. This report card tracks how legislators voted on key votes and assigns them a letter grade based on how closely their votes agree with the Institute's positions. The primary values emphasized in the ratings are whether votes expand or restrict liberty.
McGee received a score of 58 out of 100 in the 2012 report card for a grade of C+ according to the Goldwater Institute’s grading scale. This score was the same as her score on the 2011 report card. McGee’s 58 in 2012 was the 38th highest grade among all 60 Arizona State Representatives.
McGee won re-election in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 28. She and incumbent Amanda Reeve ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. She won the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 11 General Election (2010)|
|Kate Brophy McGee (R)||32,589|
|Eric Meyer (D)||30,151|
|Eric West (R)||28,611|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 11 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Kate Brophy McGee (R)||10,313|
|Eric West (R)||7,313|
|Shawna Bolick (R)||6,659|
|Bev Kraft (R)||5,684|
|Dusti Morris (R)||3,499|
Comprehensive donor information for Brophy McGee is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Brophy McGee raised a total of $258,552 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Kate Brophy McGee's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arizona State House, District 28||$95,371|
|2010||Arizona State House, District 11||$163,181|
|Grand Total Raised||$258,552|
2012Brophy McGee won re-election to the Arizona House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Brophy McGee raised a total of $95,371.
|Arizona House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kate Brophy McGee's campaign in 2012|
|Brophy, Kate Mcgee||$12,873|
|Salt River Project||$600|
|Sandquist, Jeffrey A||$500|
|Arizona Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$95,371|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Brophy McGee won election to the Arizona House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Brophy McGee raised a total of $163,181.
|Arizona House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kate Brophy McGee's campaign in 2010|
|Mcgee, Kate Brophy||$65,033|
|Mcgee, Catherine Brophy||$30,919|
|Mcgee, Mrs Frances H||$1,000|
|Bidwill Jr, William V||$820|
|Salt River Project||$550|
|Total Raised in 2010||$163,181|
|Source:Follow the Money|
McGee and her husband have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kate + Brophy + McGee + Arizona + House" Kate Brophy McGee News Feed
- Arizona sees spike in kids placed in foster care - Arizona Daily Star
- Arizona gov in spotlight over child abuse failures - Washington Post
- Calls mounting for CPS shake-up - Arizona Republic
- Community shares ideas to improve CPS - KPHO Phoenix
- 6000 Arizona kids may be suffering abuse after calls to child helplines were ... - Daily Mail
- 249 child abuses in state custody reported in Massachusetts - The Voice of Russia
- Kat McGee's campaign website
- House website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Additional Arizona Elected Officials," February 2, 2012
- Goldwater Institute "2012 Legislative Report Card for Arizona's 50th Legislature, First Regular Session," August 15, 2012
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary candidate list," accessed December 20, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "General election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Brophy, Kate McGee," accessed May 23, 2013