|Minnesota House of Representatives District 50B|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago|
|Date of birth||May 15, 1981|
Knuth earned her BSc in Biodiversity Conservation and Management from Oxford University and B.A. in Biology/Psychology from the University of Chicago.
She has worked as an environmental educator at the Center for Global Environmental Education, Hamline University.
Knuth is a member of the President's Cabinet of the Northern Star Council of the Boy Scouts of America, and the Vinland National Center Board.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Knuth served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Knuth served on these committees:
- Commerce and Labor
- Energy Finance and Policy Division
- Environment and Natural Resources Finance Division
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 50B (2010)|
|Katherine Knuth (DFL)||8,455||52.4%|
|Russ Bertsch (R)||7,667||47.51%|
Katherine Knuth raised $56,178 for her campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 50B (2008)|
|Katherine Knuth (DFL)||11,968||56.51%|
|Lori Grivna (R)||9,185||43.37%|
In 2010, Knuth received $34,380 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Katherine Knuth's campaign in 2010|
|50th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$2,192|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Minnesota Electrical Workers State Council||$500|
|Mcclung, David S||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$34,380|
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Katherine Knuth's 2008 campaign.
|50th Senate District Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$5,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
- Kate Knuth's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Katherine Knuth
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Kate Knuth on Facebook
- Kate Knuth on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Knuth
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Knuth's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed January 1, 2015
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 50B
| Succeeded by|
Ann Lenczewski (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |