|Colorado House of Representatives District 61|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Tomichi Creek Natural Beef, Inc|
Kathleen Curry is a former nonpartisan member of the Colorado House of Representatives, representing District 61 from 2005 to 2011. Curry served as Speaker Pro Tempore before she left the Democratic party.
Curry's professional experience includes working as the co-owner of Tomichi Creek Natural Beef, Incorporated, Manager with the Upper Gunnison River Water Conservancy District, Water Rights Specialist with Wright Water Engineers and Physical Scientist with the Colorado Water Conservation Board.
She is a member of the Colorado Water Foundation Board, Colorado Water Resources Research Institute Advisory Board and the Gunnison Cattlewomen's Association.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources (Vice Chair)
- Agriculture, Livestock, & Natural Resources Committee (Chair)
- Appropriations Committee
Curry did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Curry's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1199 - Healthy Forests Vibrant Communities Act
- HB 09-1299 - National Popular Vote Agreement
- HB 09-1326 - Integrity Of Citizen-Initiated Petitions
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Curry lost re-election to the 61st District seat in 2010. She was defeated by Democrat Roger Wilson in the general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 61 General election (2010)|
|Roger Wilson (D)||9,657|
|Kathleen Curry (L)||9,298|
|Luke Korkowski (R)||8,987|
Curry raised $24,384 for her campaign.
Below are Curry's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|CO Assoc of Realtors||$1,900|
|Ken & Emily Ransford||$800|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Kathleen + Curry + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Kathleen Curry's personal website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Kathleen Curry on Facebook
- Denver Post, "Legislator drops Democratic affiliation, loses positions," December 29, 2009
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 11, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 House candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Colorado House District 61
| Succeeded by|