|Maryland House of Delegates District 15|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Mount Vernon College, 1980|
|J.D.||University of Maryland School of Law, 1983|
|Birthday||July 5, 1958|
|Place of birth||La Jolla, CA|
Dumais's professional experience includes working as an Attorney/Principal with Paley, Rothman, Goldstein, Rosenberg & Cooper, Attorney for Quinn, McAuliffe and Dumais, was Assistant to Dean of the University of Maryland University College, and a teacher/administrative assistant in Montgomery County Public Schools.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dumais served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Dumais served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Family Law (Chair)
- Rules & Executive Nominations
- Special Committee on Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbents Kathleen Dumais, David Fraser-Hidalgo and Aruna Miller defeated Bennett Rushkoff in the Democratic primary, while Ed Edmundson, Flynn Ficker and Christine Thron were unopposed in the Republican primary.
On November 7, 2006, Kathleen Dumais ran for District 15 of the Maryland House of Delegates, winning the first of three seats, beating Brian Feldman, Craig Rice, Jean Cryor, Brian Mezger, and Chris Pilkerton.
Kathleen Dumais raised $61,890 for her campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 15|
|Kathleen Dumais (D)||25,781||21.6%|
|Brian Feldman (D)||25,760||21.6%|
|Craig Rice (D)||20,202||17.0%|
|Jean Cryor (R)||20,050||16.8%|
|Brian Mezger (R)||14,112||11.8%|
|Chris Pilkerton (R)||13,174||11.1%|
In 2010, a year in which Dumais was up for re-election, he collected $42,571 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kathleen Dumais's campaign in 2010|
|Donna E Van Scoy LLC||$2,681|
|Montgomery County Career Fire Fighters Association Local 1664||$2,000|
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
|Service Employees Dc & Maryland State Council 54||$1,500|
|State Farm Agents & Associates Of Maryland||$1,450|
|Total Raised in 2010||$42,571|
In 2006, Kathleen Dumais collected $61,890 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$4,000|
|Maryland House Democratic Committee||$2,500|
|McGeo Food & Commercial Workers Local 1994||$1,100|
|Kaiser for Delegate||$1,000|
Dumais serves on the Board of Directors of Saint Vincent Pallotti High School, and is a member of the Maryland Veterans Caucus, Task Force on Missing Vulnerable Adults, Bi-County Committee - Montgomery County Delegation, Maryland Green Caucus, and Women Legislators of Maryland.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kathleen + Dumais + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 15
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Kathleen Dumais
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Dumais' 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 25, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, Kathleen Dumais
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Dumais's Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |