|Vermont House Of Representatives, Franklin 3-1|
|1989 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||25|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Keenan attended the Jeanne Mance School of Nursing in 1963. She then attended the University of Vermont for the Family Nurse Practitioner Program in 1976.
Keenan is a Registered Nurse.
Keenan served on the Hinseburg Democratic Committee from 1964 to 1968. She also served as Chair of the Hinesburg Democratic Committee during this time. She has been a member of the St. Albans City Democratic Committee since 1968.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Keenanserved on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Keenan served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Keenan served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Franklin-3-1 has two representatives. Incumbents Kathleen Keenan and Mike McCarthy are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Claude Bouchard and Corey Parent are unopposed in the Republican primary.
Keenan won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Franklin 3-1. Keenan was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Franklin 3 General Election (2010)|
|Kathleen Keenan (D)||1,025|
|Dustin Degree (R)||968|
|Jeff Young (D)||725|
|Newell Decker (R)||686|
Comprehensive donor information for Keenan is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Keenan raised a total of $4,692 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Kathleen Keenan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Franklin-3-1||$3,242|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Franklin-3||$1,450|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,692|
2012Keenan won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Keenan raised a total of $3,242.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kathleen Keenan's campaign in 2012|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Vermont State Dental Society||$150|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,242|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Keenan was up for re-election, she collected $1,450 in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Keenan voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Keenan has eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathleen + Keenan + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Keenan, Kathleen C," accessed September 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013