|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan, 1984|
|J.D.||University of Illinois College of Law, 1987|
Myalls earned her B.S. in Political Science from the University of Michigan in 1984 and her J.D. from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1987. Her professional experience includes working as an assistant general counsel at Interpublic Group and as an adjunct professor of communication law at DePaul University.
In an article with the Chicago Tribune, Myalls said that if she wins the race she will focus on "state's taxes, education and pension reform."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Laura Fine ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Kathleen Myalls ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Fine then defeated Myalls in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 17, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Laura Fine Incumbent||58.4%||21,809|
Myalls has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathleen + Myalls + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- chicagotribune.com, "District 17 opponents to face off in general election," accessed February 21, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |