Kathleen Taylor (Oregon)
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 41|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Madison|
|Profession||Auditor for the State of Oregon|
Taylor earned her B.A. in Political Science and Psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and her M.S. in Public Policy from Rutgers University. Her professional experience includes working as auditor for the State of Oregon, Multnomah County and the City of Portland, and as an account executive at Boly/Welch.
Taylor's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Strengthening Public Schools
- Excerpt: "Strong public schools are the ladder of opportunity. Kathleen will fight to restore a full school year and ensure all students have the chance to succeed. She has two kids in public schools and is a PTA President and longtime education advocate."
A Stronger Economy
- Excerpt: "Kathleen’s experience working with small businesses to find jobs for Oregonians gave her a clear picture of how jobs are created and what skills are needed to succeed. She will push for greater investment in workforce training and infrastructure to make Oregon more competitive."
Accountable and Efficient Government
- Excerpt: "As an auditor, Kathleen has shown government how to provide better services with limited resources using proven strategies. She’ll make government more transparent and accountable."
A Healthy Environment
- Excerpt: "Oregon’s natural beauty and our unique quality of life are among our greatest assets. Kathleen will ensure they're protected for future generations."
Fairness for all Oregonians
- Excerpt: "Equal rights and protection of the vulnerable are core values. She will make sure government serves ALL Oregonians, not just those with deep pockets."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Kathleen Taylor defeated Deborah Barnes, Ted Roe and Kaliko Castille in the Democratic primary. Timothy McMenamin was unopposed in the Republican primary. McMenamin is running on the Libertarian ticket and Taylor is running on the Working Families Party ticket. Taylor and McMenamin will face off in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 41 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Taylor's endorsements include the following:
- NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon PAC
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters
- Oregon State Building & Construction Trades Council
- Oregon Business Association
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 48
- Ironworkers Local 29
- Joint Council of Teamsters No. 37
- Governor John Kitzhaber
- Former Governor Barbara Roberts
- State Representative Carolyn Tomei
Taylor and her husband have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathleen + Taylor + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 41
- Official campaign website
- Kathleen Taylor on Facebook
- Kathleen Taylor on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Meet Kathleen," accessed April 24, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Endorsements," accessed April 24, 2014