|Illinois House of Representatives District 77|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, 2000|
|Master's||University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 2005|
Willis earned her bachelor's degree in Human Services Administration from Elmhurst College in 2000 and her master's degree in Library and Information Services from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana in 2005. Her professional experience includes working as coordinator of access services at Elmhurst College Library and a part-time teacher of children's and adolescent literature.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Willis served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Human Services|
|• State Government Administration|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
Willis's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fighting for Jobs and Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Until every person who is willing to work has a job, Kathleen will work to promote our region as a great place to do business and raise a family. She supports targeted tax incentives that reward job creation to help our economy working again."
- Demanding Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "To rein state spending and make government pay its bills, Kathleen Will work to reform the way Illinois’ budget is crafted and help cut waste and inefficiencies, forcing government to protect vital services and spend taxpayer dollars wisely."
- Preventing Unfair Property Tax Increases
- Excerpt: "Kathleen knows that homeowners shouldn’t pay higher property taxes when home values are falling. That’s why she will work to provide relief by pushing for a new law to freeze property taxes when home values decline."
- Making Legislators Take a Pay Cut
- Excerpt: "Helping to get Illinois back on the right track requires doing the right thing. At a time of economic challenges, Kathleen will not only make state legislators take a pay cut, she’ll make it harder for them to raise their pay in the future."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 18, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Kathleen Willis will face Antonio "Tony" Favela in the Democratic primary.
Willis won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 77. Willis was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary, and defeated incumbent Angelo Saviano in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 77, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Angelo Saviano Incumbent||47.4%||12,357|
Comprehensive donor information for Willis is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Willis raised a total of $569,100 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 23, 2013.
|Kathleen Willis's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 77||$569,100|
|Grand Total Raised||$569,100|
2012Willis won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Willis raised a total of $569,100.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kathleen Willis's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$279,391|
|Democratic Party of Illinois||$183,722|
|Friends of John Bradley||$15,000|
|Friends of Jerry Costello Ii||$13,000|
|Cmte for Frank J Mautino||$12,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$569,100|
|Source:Follow the Money|
- The Illinois Observer
- Daily Herald
Willis and her husband, Tom, have four children. They reside in Addison, Il.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathleen + Willis + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois House of Representatives profile
- House Democrats Profile
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Illinois House Democrats, "Rep. Kathleen Willis," accessed February 19, 2014
- Kathleen Willis, "Issues," accessed October 25, 2012
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Unofficial candidate list," accessed December 3, 2013
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Willis, Kathleen," accessed July 23, 2013
- www.illinoisobserver.net, "Illinois House and Senate 2014 Primary Endorsements Part II,” accessed February 19, 2014
- Daily Herald, "Endorsement: Willis in House District 77," accessed February 19, 2014
Angelo Saviano (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |