|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 39B|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||January 15, 1954|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lohmer served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services Policy|
|• Higher Education Finance and Policy|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance and Policy|
|• Public Safety Finance and Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lohmer served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services Finance|
|• Health and Human Services Reform|
|• State Government Finance|
Lohmer's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe that local units of government are more responsive to people within their community. Revenue generated at local levels should stay at local levels to promote prosperity and investment in our communities."
- Excerpt: "State government needs to find more innovative ways of operating, rather than increasing their budgets."
- Excerpt: "Health care mandates in Minnesota drive up the cost of coverage and require coverage for health benefits many enrollees never use. The state should allow individuals to purchase a policy with fewer mandates that are more tailored to their needs and financial situation."
- Excerpt: "I will defend life from conception until natural death. I support banning the use of public funds for abortions and prohibiting any medical procedure or therapy that would deliberately cause or hasten death."
Lohmer won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 39B. She was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Tom DeGree (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 39B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kathy Lohmer Incumbent||53.1%||12,100|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 56A (2010)|
|Kathy Lohmer (DFL)||9,166||49.67%|
|Julie Bunn (R)||8,259||44.76%|
|Jim Martin (I)||1,018||5.52%|
Comprehensive donor information for Lohmer is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Lohmer raised a total of $139,278 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Kathy Lohmer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 39B||$48,385|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 56A||$44,662|
|2008||Minnesota House, District 56A||$46,231|
|Grand Total Raised||$139,278|
2012Lohmer won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lohmer raised a total of $48,385.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kathy Lohmer's campaign in 2012|
|39th Senate District Republican Party of Minnesota||$750|
|Lohmer, Kathleen M.||$500|
|Haire, Lucretta A.||$500|
|Minnesota Oncology Hematology||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$48,385|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Lohmer raised $44,662 in contributions.
Her largest contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $5,430 to her campaign.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Lohmer and her husband, Greg, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathy + Lohmer + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- "kathylohmer," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Lohmer, Kathy," accessed December 13, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
Joe Atkins (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 39B
| Succeeded by|
Julie Bunn (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 56A
| Succeeded by|
Pam Myhra (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |