|Minnesota State Senate District 56|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Political party||Democratic Farmer-Labor|
Before becoming a Senator, Saltzman had previous political experience. Saltzman was a aide in the St. Paul Mayor's Office in the Children and Families Division and a former lobbyist for Schools for Equity in Education. Saltzman was also a Public Relations employee for the University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics.
Saltzman graduated from Iowa with her Bachelor's Degree.
Prior to leaving the senate, Saltzman was a member of these committees:
- Business, Industry and Jobs (Vice Chair)
- E-12 Education Budget and Policy Division
- Transportation Budget and Policy Division
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Saltzman lost re-election to the 56th District seat in 2010. She had no primary opposition. Ted Lillie ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 56 (2006)|
|Kathy Saltzman (DFL)||19,936||52.92%|
|Brian LeClair (R)||17,711||47.01%|
In 2006, Saltzman collected $71,167 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|56th Senate District DFL||$3,025|
|Leonard Price House District 56B Cmte||$1,500|
|Minnesota Women's Campaign Fund||$500|
Saltzman represented Minnesota Senate District 56. District 56 includes the Minneapolis/St. Paul suburbs of Stillwater and Woodbury near the Minnesota-Wisconsin border.
Kathy is married to Tom Saltzman. They have two children and reside in Woodbury, Minnesota.
- Kathy Saltzman's official campaign website
- Kathy Saltzman's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
|Minnesota State Senate District 56
| Succeeded by|
Ted Lillie (R)