|South Dakota House of Representatives District 4|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Sisseton High School|
|Bachelor's||Northern State University|
|Profession||Teacher (retired), Tech Services provider|
Tyler attended Sisseton High School before earning her bachelor's degree from Northern State University and her master's degree from Bemidji State University. She is a retired teacher and a technical services provider.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tyler served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Kathy Tyler and Peggy Schuelke are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Fred Deutsch and John Wiik are unopposed in the Republican primary.
Tyler won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 4. Tyler ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Kathy Tyler is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kathy Tyler raised a total of $0 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Kathy Tyler's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives , District 4||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$0|
2012Kathy Tyler won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kathy Tyler raised a total of $0.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kathy Tyler's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Tyler and her husband, Tim, have two daughters and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kathy + Tyler + South Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 4
- Rep. Tyler's website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign website (Archive)
- Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Facebook page
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," March 25, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 2, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Tyler, Kathy," Accessed September 26, 2013
- Kathy Tyler for District 4, "Biography," accessed May 9, 2012
Valentine Rausch (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 4
| Succeeded by|