Kathy Warnecke Ryan
|Kathy Warnecke Ryan|
|Former candidate for|
|Kentucky State Senate, District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||University of Kentucky|
|Place of birth||Lexington, Kentucky|
Ryan's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Education and Job Training: If we want to recruit and keep the good jobs of the future we need the best schools now. We need to fund early childhood education, increase standards, keep class sizes small and pay teachers well. We need to create opportunities for innovative public school-private investment partnership programs to teach students both information and critical thinking and problem solving skills for the ever-changing and advancing technological needs of employers.
Diligence: You can’t change the priorities in Frankfort without changing who we send to Frankfort. We need legislators who will acknowledge our problems and actively and independently work at the job of legislating. We also need legislators who focus on strategic, bi-partisan, long-term solutions designed to empower Kentucky families to overcome these hard economic times and be assured that their hard work will yield a brighter future. We need to raise the minimum wage to a living wage. We must finally pass tax reform to bolster the prosperity of the Commonwealth’s people and to keep our promise to public employees by funding the state pension and teacher retirement systems.
Good Government and Public Protection: We need a government that advocates for responsibility and accountability and is transparent in its operations so that Kentuckians have confidence their tax dollars are working for them and not for the highest bidding special interest. We need legislators who respect the boundaries of the other two branches of government when evaluating the merits of proposed legislation. And we need to protect Kentucky families, especially children and seniors, from scam artists, identity thieves, on-line predators, unsafe products, and illicit drugs, like meth and heroin.
Equal Protection and Opportunity: We need legislators who understand, and will account for, the varieties of circumstances and concerns of average Kentuckians and who support legislation designed to provide equal opportunity for all.
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Kentucky State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Kathy Warnecke Ryan ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Alice Forgy Kerr ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Kerr defeated Ryan in the general election.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 12 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Alice Forgy Kerr Incumbent||62.9%||26,458|
|Democratic||Kathy Warnecke Ryan||37.1%||15,583|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kathy + Ryan + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky State Senate
- Kentucky State Senate District 12
- Kentucky State Senate elections, 2014
- Kentucky General Assembly
- Official campaign website
- Kathy Warnecke Ryan on Facebook
- Kathy Warnecke Ryan on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Election: 2014 General Election," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kathy Ryan for State Senate, "Issues," accessed April 29, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014