Kathy White Goodwin
|Kathy White Goodwin|
Alabama House of Representatives, District 9
Goodwin earned her B.S. from Judson College in Marion, Alabama. She works as Director of Marketing for the Community Programs and Customer Service department of the Hartselle Medical Center. She is also the director of senior programs.
Goodwin's website listed the following issues:
- Alabama First
- Excerpt: "When it comes to serving in the Alabama State House of Representatives, the first priority of a Legislator should be putting the needs of the district first."
- Excerpt: "The biggest issue facing Alabama and District 9 is unemployment. While nearly 20 states showed positive job growth since June 2009, Alabama has continued to leak jobs out of the state, with more than 90,000 lost jobs since 2000."
- Excerpt: "Education has consistently been a top priority for Alabama Democrats, and the next District 9 Representative must be able to aggressively tackle the budget shortfalls facing our state while understanding cutting basic money to classrooms is not the place to start."
- Excerpt: "Alabama's infrastructure is key to sustaining our local economy - from producing the power we use to light our schools, to distributing our water supply to our local crops, to paving the roads we use to ship goods from one corner of the state to another."
- Excerpt: "In today's political culture, we need to hold members of our political system responsible for their actions. Too many times, special interest groups and political action committees have too large of an influence over our elected members."
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 9 General Election (2010)|
|Ed Henry (R)||11,405|
|Kathy White Goodwin (D)||4,294|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 9 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Kathy White Goodwin (D)||665|
|Thomas E. Drake, II (D)||457|
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of Democratic candidates certified for the June 1, 2010 primary in Alabama
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|