|Board member, Green Bay Board of Education, At-large|
|Years in position||16|
|Board Vice President|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 5, 2011|
|First elected||April 1998|
|Next general||April 1, 2014|
Maloney works as an occupational therapist at several regional medical facilities. She and her husband, Mark, have two children who attended district schools.
Maloney and fellow incumbent Michael Blecha are seeking re-election without opposition to two available seats during the general election on April 1, 2014.
As of February 7, 2014, Maloney has not reported any campaign contributions or expenditures to the district office. State law allows candidates to claim exempt status from campaign finance reporting if contributions and expenditures do not exceed $1,000 during a calendar year.
As of February 7, 2014, Maloney has not received any official endorsements for her campaign.
|Green Bay Board of Education, At-large, 3-year term, April 5, 2011|
|Source: Brown County Clerk, "2011 Spring Election," April 7, 2011|
About the districtBrown County. According to the United States Census Bureau, Green Bay is home to 104,868 residents. Green Bay Area Public School District is the fifth-largest school district in Wisconsin, serving 20,376 students during the 2010-11 school year.
Green Bay underperformed in comparison to the rest of Wisconsin in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 21.3% of Green Bay residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.4% for Wisconsin as a whole. The median household income in Green Bay was $42,584 compared to $52,627 for the state of Wisconsin. The poverty rate in Green Bay was 16.9% compared to 12.5% for the entire state.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Katie + Maloney + Green + Bay + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Results are unavailable right now. Please check back later.
- Green Bay Area Public School District, Wisconsin
- Green Bay Area Public School District elections (2014)
- Green Bay Area Public School District, "Katie Maloney," accessed February 7, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Campaign Finance Overview: Local Candidates," May 2010
- United States Census Bureau, "Green Bay, Wisconsin," accessed February 5, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 27, 2014
- Brown County Clerk, "Election Results," accessed February 5, 2014
|2014 Green Bay Area Public School District Elections|
|Green Bay, Wisconsin|
|Election date:||April 1, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Michael Blecha • Katie Maloney|
|Important information:||What's at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|