|Louisiana House of Representatives, District 16|
|January 9, 2012-Present|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $149/day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2011|
|First elected||November 19, 2011|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|High school||Carroll High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Louisiana-Monroe|
|J.D.||Southern University Law Center, 2004|
|Place of birth||Monroe, Louisiana|
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Jackson served on the following committees:
On October 22, 2011, Jackson won election to District 61 of the Louisiana House of Representatives. She defeated Samuel Jackson (R), James M. Murphy (No party) and Ronnie Traylor (D) in the primary election on October 22 with more than 50% of the vote. Because Louisiana uses a blanket primary system, a candidate can be declared the overall winner of the seat by garnering 50 percent +1 of the vote in the primary.
On her campaign website, Jackson listed her platform as the following three points: 
- "Stimulate economic growth in our urban and rural areas by promoting businesses and creating jobs"
- "Help our educational system and educators fight for academic excellence for the children of our state"
- "Ensure that our senior citizens have resources and programs that will enhance their quality of life"
In 2011, Jackson received $60,518 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Louisiana House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Katrina Jackson's campaign in 2011|
|Jackson, Katrina R||$8,528|
|Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 60||$2,500|
|Haynie & Associates||$2,353|
|Holman, Patricia W||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$60,518|
|Total Votes received in 2011||3,283|
|Cost of each vote received||$18.43|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Katrina + Jackson + Louisiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Gov. Sam Brownback, Nelson Mandela, insulting jury pay - Kansas City Star
- North shore community leaders gather for Leadership and Policy Summit - NOLA.com
- Obama and Inequality (and Clinton): A Long-Term Project - Daily Beast
- The BioDistrict fades as efforts to grow the biosciences industry in New ... - NOLA.com
- Scott Walker Has 'Nothing to Do With' Native American Mascot Fight - Daily Beast
- Why Criticizing Obama Isn't Racist - Daily Beast
- Oklahoma's Governor Denies Marriage Benefits to National Guard Members - Daily Beast
- So, About That Whole 'Obama's Katrina' Thing - Huffington Post
- The Open Carry Scare Campaign - Daily Beast
- Palin's Naughty List - Daily Beast
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |