|U.S. House, Texas, District 32|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas at Dallas|
Pierson earned her bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Texas at Dallas. Her professional work has been in the health care industry. Politically, Pierson has worked as an activist. She is the founder of the Garland Tea Party and also a member of the Texas Tea Party Caucus Advisory Committee.
Pierson's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Healthcare & ObamaCare
- Excerpt: "There is perhaps no single government program that poses a greater threat to our life, liberty and prosperity than the “Affordable Care Act,” generally referred to as “ObamaCare.” The more the American people learn about ObamaCare, the less they like it—and with good reason."
- Corruption & Transparency
- Excerpt: "On the campaign trail in 2008, Barack Obama promised us “the most transparent administration in history.” And yet, the reality has been anything but. He promised that the negotiations over ObamaCare would be broadcast on C-SPAN, but they weren’t. He promised an end to revolving door politics, where staffers become lobbyists and lobbyists become staffers. This didn’t happen."
- Immigration & Border Security
- Excerpt: "There is nothing more patriotic than a secure border and ensuring that the path to citizenship – i.e. becoming a legal citizen of the United States of America — means something. Being a citizen means opportunity, freedom, a better life and being a part of the real American dream. Our national security simply cannot exist without a secure border."
- Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "In history, there are only two models for how goods and services are produced and traded , thereby creating or not creating prosperity. The first model is from the primitive dawn of time wherein transactions between people take place by force, regulation or rule, causing one person to win what another person loses. It is referred to as a “zero sum game”, or “redistribution.” It creates no new wealth or prosperity, merely moves prosperity to the most powerful or influential."
- Spending & Taxes
- Excerpt: "We’re now over $17,000,000,000,000 in debt — a number that exceeds our Gross Domestic Product. For the first time in history, the federal government’s bond ratings have been downgraded. Year after year, the Treasury Department has been telling us our fiscal path is “unsustainable”—and yet, Congress continues to spend and spend. We the people have had enough."
|U.S. House, Texas District 32 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Pete Sessions Incumbent||63.6%||28,954|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State, Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Pierson was endorsed by FreedomWorks for America, the political arm of the nonprofit group FreedomWorks. In a statement, the PAC's president, Matt Kibbe, said, "Katrina Pierson has led the fight to elect principled conservatives across the state of Texas for years. While incumbent Rep. Pete Sessions seems more concerned with keeping his seat at the leadership table, Katrina understands the importance of connecting to the grassroots at home and sticking to your guns in Washington."
|Katrina Pierson (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 17, 2013||$0||$36,543||$(3,070)||$33,472|
|Year-End||January 29, 2014||$33,472||$39,655||$(22,878)||$50,248|
Pierson and her son, Christopher, live in Garland, Texas.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Katrina + Pierson + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 32nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 32nd Congressional District
- dallas news, "Tea party activist Katrina Pierson to challenge incumbent Pete Sessions for Congress," September 12, 2013
- Campaign website, "Meet Katrina," accessed January 28, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 28, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Politico, "Ted Cruz's dad backs Pete Sessions challenger," January 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission "Katrina Pierson October Quarterly," accessed October 30, 2013
- Federal Election Commission "Katrina Pierson Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |