|Utah House of Representatives District 56|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Christofferson served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment|
|• Public Utilities and Technology|
Christofferson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Fiscal responsibility through the balancing of budgets and trimming waste and entitlements."
- Excerpt: "Attracting more business and jobs to Utah by promoting free markets, competition and reducing regulation and taxes"
- Excerpt: "Enhancing Utah’s educational system, to put our children’s future first. I want to transfer authority for our education to the state. To push decisions to the lowest level and bring accountability to decisions. The constitution does not give authority to the federal government to run education."
- Excerpt: "Reclaiming State’s rights so that we can determine the best way to manage Utah and our resources. I will work to reclaim state lands from the federal government."
- Excerpt: "Ensuring that our family values are legally upheld so that our children have a bright future."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Mark Byrge, Sr. is unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Kay Christofferson is unopposed in the Republican convention.
Christofferson won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 56. Christofferson defeated Christy Kane in the June 26 Republican primary and defeated Leslie Dalton (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 56, General Election, 2012|
|Utah House of Representatives District 56 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Christofferson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Christofferson raised a total of $28,791 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 18, 2013.
|Kay Christofferson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 56||$28,791|
|Grand Total Raised||$28,791|
2012Christofferson won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Christofferson raised a total of $28,791.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kay Christofferson's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$3,500|
|Christofferson, Kay J||$3,000|
|Quality Jobs Coalition||$1,000|
|American Council Of Engineering Companies Of Utah||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,791|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Kay Christofferson received an index rating of 68%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kay + Christofferson + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 56
- Rep. Christofferson's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- christofferson56, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Elections Results Utah - Summary Vote Results," retrieved June 26, 2012
- Utah.Gov, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 24, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Christofferson, Kay J," accessed June 18, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
Kenneth Sumsion (R)
|Utah House of Representatives District 56
| Succeeded by|