|Running for Oklahoma State Senate, District 46|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 88|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years total in the legislature|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma State University|
|J.D.||University of Oklahoma|
Floyd earned her bachelor's degree in Psychology from Oklahoma State University and her J.D. from the University of Oklahoma. Her professional experience includes serving as a former Assistant Attorney General, a former State Administrative Law Judge and a former Special Municipal Court Judge in Oklahoma City.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Floyd served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Administrative Rules, Government Oversight and Repealer|
|• States' Rights|
Floyd's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Kay understands government services are essential to the public good and also understands that our state faces budget challenges year in and year out. Instead of looking toward poorly planned “consolidation” of these services, Kay believes we need a smarter, more efficient government which will balance the government services we need and the costs of those services."
- Excerpt: "Kay also believes the majority of our legislative leaders must stop passing frivolous and unconstitutional legislation which is being challenged in court and often times defeated. These lawsuits not only cost Oklahomans valuable taxpayers dollars, but as importantly, they erode the faith of all of us in the legislative process. That’s why she has authored legislation to provide a fiscal analysis on every bill that could be challenged in court, so everyone knows the cost to the taxpayers before legislators vote on unconstitutional legislation."
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oklahoma State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Kay Floyd defeated Wilfredo Santos-Rivera in the Democratic primary. Floyd is unchallenged in the general election.
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 46 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Floyd ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma House District 88. Floyd and Mike Dover advanced to the August 28 primary runoff. Floyd defeated Mike Dover in the primary runoff. She defeated Aaron Kaspereit in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 88, 2012|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 88 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Kay Floyd (advanced to runoff)||48.4%||757|
|Mike Dover (advanced to runoff)||21.6%||338|
Comprehensive donor information for Kay Floyd is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kay Floyd raised a total of $164,628 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Kay Floyd's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 88||$164,628|
|Grand Total Raised||$164,628|
2012Kay Floyd won election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kay Floyd raised a total of $164,628.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kay Floyd's campaign in 2012|
|Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma||$5,000|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$5,000|
|Oklahoma Education Association||$5,000|
|Krumme, George W||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$164,628|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kay + Floyd + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Kay Floyd on Facebook
- Kay Floyd on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Kay Floyd for Oklahoma, "Meet Kay," accessed May 27, 2014
- Kay Floyd for Oklahoma, "Kay's Priorities," accessed May 27, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Floyd, Kay," accessed July 24, 2013
Al McAffrey (D)
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |