Keith R. Matune
|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 81|
Matune earned his B.A. in political science from Purdue University and his M.S. in Education from Purdue University. His professional experience includes working for Congressman Harris Fawell and as a high school social studies teacher for the past fourteen years.
Matune's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Reform the tax burden on middle class families by preventing the 67% Democrat tax increase from becoming permanent and stopping a progressive tax from being passed. This excessive burden is crushing hard-working middle class families like yours and mine."
- Excerpt: "Bring about real pension reform by moving newly hired employees into 401K contribution plans and ending compounded Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA’s), while honoring the state’s obligation to fully fund state employee pensions."
- Excerpt: "Reduce excessive government spending. Illinois brought in $36.4 Billion dollars of total revenue in 2012, which is $6 Billion dollars more than ever before. Enough is enough. We do not need more government, just one we can afford."
- Excerpt: "Restore jobs, because Illinois has the 4th highest unemployment rate (8.9%) in the Nation and approximately 580,000 people out of work. Illinois also has the 4th highest corporate tax rate (9.5%) in the Nation, which has led to over 600,000 businesses leaving the state since 2000. I will propose sensible policies that will make Illinois attractive to start small and large business, reduces government regulation and lowers the corporate tax rate to 5%, the same as our neighbors in Indiana."
- Excerpt: "Restore access to a high quality education for ALL children by ensuring that students are college or career ready by the time they graduate through a rigorous curriculum. This would include more parental choice, as well as scrutinizing Common Core implementation and equipping our children with the necessary skills and technology they need to be successful in the 21st Century."
- Excerpt: "Renew prosperity in Illinois, because $20.5 Billion in revenue has left Illinois during the last decade, $1.5 Billion vanished from the state alone last year."
- Excerpt: "Renew opportunity, because on average one person leaves Illinois every 11 minutes. In fact, Illinois has had a net migration of 806,000 people since 1995. With these grim statistics, who will be left in the state for the Democrats to tax?"
- Excerpt: "Renew people’s faith and confidence in state government by electing ordinary citizens, not career politicians, who will do what the people require through hard work, common sense and a commitment to core principles and a commitment to core values."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Ron Sandack defeated Keith R. Matune in the Republican primary and then defeated Elizabeth Chaplin (D), who filed to run on June 2, in the general election. Lisa Thomas (D) was removed from the ballot on January 9, 2014.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 81, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ron Sandack Incumbent||60%||22,788|
|Democratic||Elizabeth "Liz" Chaplin||40%||15,199|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 81 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Ron Sandack Incumbent||50.6%||6,771|
|Keith R. Matune||49.4%||6,617|
In 2014, Matune's endorsements included the following:
- DuPage Conservatives
Matune and his wife, Dawn, have four children. In 2012, Matune was named Illinois Teacher of the Year and Illinois Coach of the Year in 2008. He is also a school board member for the Community High School District 99.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Keith + Matune + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Keith Matune on Twitter
- Keith Matune on Facebook
- Official campaign website, "Meet Keith," accessed February 19, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Three R's," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
- facebook.com, "Elect Keith Matune IL State Representative, Dist #81," accessed February 19, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |