|Former candidate for|
|Arizona State Senate, District 28|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Butler's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Invest in public education
- Excerpt: "Arizona ranks near the bottom in student funding and graduation rates. Over $3 billion has been cut from the K-12 budget since 2008. Our state universities lost 50 percent of their public funding, forcing them to substantially raise tuition rates. Support for public education, from K-12 through college, is critical to Arizona's economic recovery and as your State Senator I will commit to restoring education funding."
Attract businesses and create quality jobs
- Excerpt: "We need more high paying jobs in established industries and in emerging sectors, including bioscience and sustainability. As your State Senator I will commit to policies that revitalize our infrastructure and build an educated workforce so these new jobs are available in Arizona."
Protect children and families
- Excerpt: "The failures of Child Protective Services were tragic. As your State Senator, I will ensure that the new Department of Child Safety has the resources and oversight needed to protect our children. I will work to restore funds for preventive services that help families and keep children in their homes."
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Arizona State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Kelli Butler was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Adam Driggs was unopposed in the Republican primary. Driggs defeated Butler and Jim Iannuzo (L) in the general election.
|Arizona State Senate District 28, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Adam Driggs Incumbent||53.2%||34,455|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kelli + Butler + Arizona + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona State Senate
- Arizona State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Kelli Butler on Facebook
- Kelli Butler on Twitter
- Kelli Butler on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Arizona State Legislature
- Kelli Butler's campaign website, "Issues," accessed October 15, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 28, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014