Kelly Dawn Barrera
a candidate for the District 4 seat on the St. Johns County School Board in Florida. She won the general election on August 26, 2014, defeating Nicholas M. Graham.
- See also: St. Johns County School District elections (2014)
The August 26, 2014, general election in St. Johns County
three seats up for election. Incumbent Beverly Slough defeated challenger Kelly Lorbeer for the District 1 seat. District 3 incumbent William "Bill" Mignon also won re-election, defeating challengers Karen Harvey and Ralph D. Klein. In the District 4 race, Kelly Dawn Barrera defeated fellow candidate Nicholas M. Graham.
About the district
- See also: St. Johns County School District, Florida
St. Johns County School District is located in St. Johns County, Florida
St. Johns County School District is based in St. Augustine
, the county seat of St. Johns County, Florida
. St. Johns County is home to 209,647 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau.
St. Johns County School District is the 24th-largest school district
, serving 31,580 students during the 2011-2012 school year.
St. Johns County outperformed the rest of Florida in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 40.7 percent of St. Johns County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Florida as a whole. The median household income in St. Johns County was $64,346 compared to $47,309 for the state of Florida. The poverty rate in St. Johns County was 9.8 percent compared to 15.6 percent for the entire state.
| Racial Demographics, 2013
|| St. Johns County (%)
|| Florida (%)
| Black or African American
| American Indian and Alaska Native
| Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander
| Two or More Races
| Hispanic or Latino
| Party registration, 2014
|| Number of registered voters
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kelly + Dawn + Barrera + St. + Johns + Schools + Florida"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Kelly Dawn Barrera News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 United States Census Bureau, "St. Johns County, Florida," accessed July 14, 2014
- ↑ National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed July 14, 2014
- ↑ St. Johns County Supervisor of Elections, "Home," accessed July 14, 2014
- ↑ United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- ↑ Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.