|North Carolina House of Representatives District 110|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Appalachian State University|
Hastings earned his bachelor's degree from Appalachian State University. He later earned a graduate certificate in teaching at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte. His professional experience includes working as a realtor.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hastings served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs, Chair|
|• Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hastings served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Banking, Vice-chair|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Public Utilities|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Kelly Hastings was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Hastings ran for re-election in 2012. He defeated Pearl Burris Floyd in the May 8, 2012, Republican primary. The race was a rematch from 2010, when Hastings defeated then-incumbent Floyd. Hastings defeated Jamar McKoy (D) and Lewis B. Guignard, Jr. (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 110 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kelly E. Hastings Incumbent||64%||4,948|
|Pearl Burris Floyd||36%||2,784|
On November 2, 2010, Hastings won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives. Hastings defeated incumbent Pearl Burris Floyd in the Republican primary on May 4 by a margin of 1,368-1,229. Floyd was seeking her second term. Hastings's opponent in the November 2 general election was John Eaker (D).
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 110 (2010)|
|Kelly Hastings (R)||12,433||69.82%|
|John Eaker (D)||5,373||30.18%|
|North Carolina House of Representatives May 4 Primary, District 110, 2010|
|Kelly Hastings (R)||1,368|
|Pearl Burris Floyd (R)||1,229|
Comprehensive donor information for Hastings is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Hastings raised a total of $118,451 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 4, 2013.
|Kelly Hastings's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 110||$77,496|
|2010||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 110||$25,600|
|2008||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 110||$15,355|
|Grand Total Raised||$118,451|
2012Hastings won re-election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hastings raised a total of $77,496.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kelly Hastings's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Association of Realtors||$7,250|
|North Carolina Dental Society||$4,000|
|Bryan, John D||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$77,496|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Hastings and his wife have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kelly + Hastings + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Hastings on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart: Representative Kelly E. Hastings (NC)
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- 5 house incumbents lose primaries
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official North Carolina General Election Results- November 2, 2010," accessed June 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Hasting, Kelly E," accessed September 4, 2013
Pearl Burris Floyd
|North Carolina House - District 110
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |