For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Kelly Marlow recall, Cherokee County School District, Georgia (2014)
An effort to recall Kelly Marlow from her position on the Cherokee County School District Board of Education in Cherokee County, Georgia was launched in March 2011. Recall supporters did not formally start the recall process and Marlow announced her resignation from the board on April 30, 2014.
Recall supporter arguments
The recall effort was being led by a group called Smart Citizens Rally Against Marlow (SCRAM!). The group was formally registered with the state in June 2013 as SCRAM! Special Committee to Recall Marlow. Michelle Albers and Christine Rea were the major leaders of SCRAM!. Supporters of the recall were upset over a letter Marlow wrote to school accreditation firm AdvancED with claims the district and board had violated AdvancED accreditation policies. Christine Rea told reporters, "Our objective is to have Ms. Marlow removed from our school board as soon as possible, before her actions result in CCSD being placed on probation from AdvancEd/SACS." In August 2013, it was reported that AdvancED found no violations of policy by the district.  The Board of Education levied ethics sanctions against Marlow in October 2013 related to this incident.
In a separate incident, Marlow and two political associates, Robert Trim and Barbara Knowles, were arrested and charged with the felony crime for giving false information to police. They allegedly reported that Superintendent Dr. Frank Petruzielo had tried to hit them with a car after a Board of Education meeting in mid-June 2013. Marlow was found guilty of the felony charge on April 26, 2014 and resigned her seat in reaction to the verdict.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in Georgia
While recall supporters registered as a recall committee with the state and launched a website, they did not formally start the recall process. They were waiting to see if the Governor suspended Marlow's position because of the felony charge or if Marlow decided to resign.
- Recall campaigns in Georgia
- Political recall efforts, 2014
- School board recalls
- Cherokee County School District, Georgia
- CherokeeTribune.com, "Group waiting for 'right time' for Marlow recall," August 14, 2013
- Kelly Marlow, "Home," accessed May 1, 2014
- The Cherokee Ledger-News, "Responses to SACS complaint sent," August 14, 2013
- Woodstock-Townlake Patch, "AdvancED: Cherokee School District Not In Violation of Policies," August 21, 2013
- Cherokee Tribune, "Marlow appeal hearing Monday," January 11, 2014
- Maureen Downey, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Kelly Marlow resigns Cherokee school board seat. Faces sentencing Thursday," April 30, 2014
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |