|Maryland House of Delegates, District 4A|
|Associate's||Macomb Community College, Rochester, New York, 2003|
|Bachelor's||Hood College, 2006|
|Date of birth||January 2, 1969|
|Place of birth||Warren, Michigan|
Schulz earned her B.A. in Political Science from Hood College in 2006. Her professional experience includes working as a program manager for a Department of Defense contractor and real estate agent.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schulz served on these committees:
- Economic Matters
- Subcommittee on Banking, Economic Development, Science and Technology
- Subcommittee on Business Regulation
- Subcommittee on Workers Compensation
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Gene Stanton was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while David E. Vogt III and incumbents Kathy Afzali and Kelly Schulz defeated Barrie S. Ciliberti and Wendi W. Peters in the Republican primary. Vogt, Afzali and Schulz defeated Stanton in the general election.
Schulz ran against incumbent Paul Stull, Dino Flores Jr., Kathy Afzali, and John Thompson, Jr. in the September 14 Republican primary, coming in second. She successfully won election, coming in first in the November 2 general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 4A General Election (2010)|
|Kelly Schulz (R)||16,952|
|Kathy Afzali (R)||16,683|
|Ryan Trout (D)||9,678|
|Bonita Riffle Currey (D)||6,993|
|Scott Guenther (I)||2,150|
In 2010, Schulz raised $33,453 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Michael Steele For Maryland Cmte||$2,000|
|Maryland Farm Bureau||$1,300|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$1,200|
Schulz has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kelly + Schulz + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 4A
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- The Frederick News-Post, "Political Notes: Schulz to step down as delegate Jan. 21," January 16, 2015
- Capital News Service, "Hogan fills cabinet, emphasizes private sector experience," January 21, 2015
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Rick Perry for President, "40 Maryland GOP Legislators and Leaders Endorse Rick Perry for President," September 27, 2011. Accessed March 25, 2014 (Archived)
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |