|Maryland House of Delegates District 4A|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Hood College, 2006|
|Associate's||Macomb Community College, Rochester, New York, 2003|
|Birthday||January 2, 1969|
|Place of birth||Warren, Michigan|
Schulz earned her B.A. in Political Science from Hood College in 2006. Her professional experience includes working as a program manager for a Department of Defense contractor and real estate agent.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schulz served on these committees:
- Economic Matters
- Subcommittee on Banking, Economic Development, Science and Technology
- Subcommittee on Business Regulation
- Subcommittee on Workers Compensation
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Gene Stanton is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbents Kathy Afzali and Kelly Schulz will face Barrie S. Ciliberti, Wendi W. Peters and David E. Vogt III in the Republican primary.
Schulz ran against incumbent Paul Stull, Dino Flores Jr., Kathy Afzali, and John Thompson, Jr. in the September 14 Republican primary, coming in second. She successfully won election, coming in first in the November 2 general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 4A General Election (2010)|
|Kelly Schulz (R)||16,952|
|Kathy Afzali (R)||16,683|
|Ryan Trout (D)||9,678|
|Bonita Riffle Currey (D)||6,993|
|Scott Guenther (I)||2,150|
In 2010, Schulz raised $33,453 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Michael Steele For Maryland Cmte||$2,000|
|Maryland Farm Bureau||$1,300|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$1,200|
Schulz has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Kelly + Schulz + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Rick Perry Campaign Website "40 Maryland GOP Legislators and Leaders Endorse Rick Perry for President," September 27, 2011
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |