|Florida House of Representatives District 90|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Regional Director, Arthritis Foundation|
Skidmore currently serves as Regional Director of the Arthritis Foundation. She worked as a legislative aide to Senator Ron Klein from 1996-2005, and is a member of the Palm Beach/Treasure Coast Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council.
Skidmore did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Full Appropriations Council on Education & Economic Development
- Full Appropriations Council on General Government & Health Care
- Governmental Affairs Policy Committee
- Health & Family Services Policy Council (Ranking Minority Member)
Skidmore's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 7 - "Driver License Restrictions: Restricts number of passengers permitted in vehicle operated by person under certain age"
- HB 583 - "Monitoring the Dispensing of Controlled Substances: Requires DOH to establish comprehensive electronic system to monitor dispensing of certain controlled substances; requires those who dispense certain controlled substances to submit specified information to department"
- HB 1337 - "Sterilization of Dogs and Cats: Allows release of dog or cat from animal shelter, animal control agency, or animal adoption group without compliance with sterilization requirements if licensed veterinarian certifies that dog or cat has medical condition that would be substantially aggravated by such procedure, procedure would likely cause death of dog or cat, or procedure would never be safe for dog or cat"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
Skidmore was defeated in her bid for election to the District 25 seat of the Florida State Senate in 2010. She did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. Skidmore lost to Ellyn Bogdanoff (R) in the November 2, 2010 general election. Miranda Rosenberg (NPA) also ran.
| Florida State Senate, District 25 |
2010 General election results
|Ellyn Bogdanoff (R)||82,583||57.66%|
|Kelly Skidmore (D)||53,958||37.67%|
|Miranda Rosenberg (NPA)||6,694||4.67%|
On her campaign website, Skidmore lists her goals on five issues she is concerned about. They are:
- "Boost our economy with new jobs and economic development."
- "Eliminate waste in Florida’s budget by fighting corruption and special interests."
- "Ensure that our schools are appropriately funded to allow our students and teachers to reach their full potential."
- "Lower hurricane insurance rates to ease burden on homeowners."
- "Fight against off-shore oil drilling that hurts tourism and threatens our environment."
Below are Skidmore's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,000|
|FL Recreational Vehicle Trade Assoc||$1,000|
|FL Assoc of Insurance Agents||$1,000|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$1,000|
- Kelly Skidmore campaign website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Kelly Skidmore
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Kelly Skidmore on Facebook
|Florida House of Representatives District 90
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |