New editions of the State Legislative Tracker and The Policy Tracker available now!

Kemal Hamulic

From Ballotpedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Kemal Hamulic
Placeholder image.png
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
Former candidate for
Michigan House of Representatives, District 72
Elections and appointments
Last electionNovember 4, 2014
Term limitsN/A
Master'sGrand Valley State University
Campaign website
Kemal Hamulic was a 2014 Democratic candidate for District 72 of the Michigan House of Representatives.[1][2]


Campaign themes


Hamulic's website highlighted the following campaign themes:

Restore Funding for Schools

Education is the pillar of any society's success. If we want our children to be able to compete with their international counterparts for local and global jobs in 5-10 years, we MUST act now. Only through adequate education can we ensure our competitiveness and job creation in the future. The $3 billion that were cut from our schools in the past three years must be replaced. The School Aid Fund money should go to our schools and not be spent on other purposes.

Provide Funding for Infrastructure

The only way that we can attract the best and brightest to Michigan is if we invest in our infrastructure: there are 122,000 miles of roads and 5,700 bridges in Michigan. Only 19% of those are in GOOD condition. The other 81% are either in FAIR or POOR condition and the longer we wait the more money it will cost to repair them. As a state, we can't expect to compete with others unless we allocate the money to improve and adequately maintain our infrastructure. As your representative I will ensure that the 1.4 billion dollars we need to repair our roads are allocated to do that.

Restore Taxes Credits

Over the past two years vital tax credits have been removed, crippling Michigan families. At the same time seniors found their retirement income unexpectedly taxed. The following are tax credits I will seek to reinstate:

Homestead Property Tax Credit

This tax credit was designed to help those who call Michigan home. It provided a tax credit to homeowners and renters who live in Michigan. This tax credit was completely eliminated in 2012. I will reinstate it.

Child Income Tax Credit

The child income tax credit gave help to those who had children. In 2012 this tax credit was also completely eliminated. I will restore it.

Earned Income Tax Credit

The earned income tax credit was designed as an incentive for people to work. The tax credit provides support for those who are working, not asking for handouts. This tax credit was slashed in 2012, from 20% of the Federal credit to just 6%. This hurts working Americans. I will reinstate it.

repeal the Senior Pension Tax

The new senior pension tax has created additional burden for those on a fixed income. In addition to increasing the property tax of seniors, this new pension tax makes life harder for retirees.In Lansing I will repeal the pension tax, and help our seniors be more financially secure.

Support Small Business

Small business is the backbone of our economy.An investment in small business is an investment in jobs that will stay in the community, notgo overseas. I have experience that helps me understand what it takes to run a small business, but I also understand that every small business is unique. That's why in Lansing I will work with small business leaders to ensure that businesses are receiving the support they need to thrive and grow.[3][4]



See also: Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014

Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Kemal Hamulic was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ken Yonker defeated Gabe Hudson in the Republican primary. Yonker defeated Hamulic in the general election.[5][6][1][2]

Michigan House of Representatives, District 72 General Election, 2014
Party Candidate Vote % Votes
     Republican Green check mark transparent.pngKen Yonker Incumbent 68.2% 17,882
     Democratic Kemal Hamulic 31.8% 8,332
Total Votes 26,214
Michigan House of Representatives, District 72 Republican Primary, 2014
Candidate Vote % Votes
Green check mark transparent.pngKen Yonker Incumbent 70.3% 5,778
Gabe Hudson 29.7% 2,443
Total Votes 8,221

Recent news

Know more information about this profile?
Submit a bio

This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kemal + Hamulic + Michigan + House"

All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.

Kemal Hamulic News Feed

  • Loading...

See also

External links

Suggest a link