|U.S. Senate, Texas|
|Bachelor's||St. Mary's University|
|Master's||University of Dallas|
|Birthday||August 17, 1953|
|Place of birth||Gardena, California|
Cope studied accounting at Sawyer College of Business. He received his BBA in Accounting from St. Mary's University. He later received his MBA in Corporate Finance from the University of Dallas. Cope has worked for Southwest Airlines and Triumph Group.
Cope's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: "I believe that U.S. Senators should limit themselves to two consecutive terms and U.S. Representatives to six consecutive terms in the absence of Constitutional term limits. If elected, I commit to voluntarily limit myself to this requirement."
- U. S. Debt Ceiling
- Excerpt: "I believe there should be a fixed cap linked to national GDP, with an exception for direct wartime expenditures in time of war only.•Fundraising: As your Senator, for my second term I would do no fund-raising until 18 months before the election; I believe Representatives should do no fund-raising until 12 months before their re-election."
- Fund Accumulation
- Excerpt: "I do not believe Senators or Representatives should carry over campaign funds from election to election. After this election, I commit to contribute the balance in the account to charitable organizations such as Wounded Warriors and groups aiding battered women."
- Excerpt: "I do not believe in amnesty, nor do I believe we can or should deport everyone who is not here legally. I do believe in securing our borders immediately, with limited deportations based on felony offenses. For me, immigration reform would involve provisional Social Security cards for all during processing, with those here illegally moving to the back of the citizenship line."
- Gun Control
- Excerpt: "I believe the Second Amendment is clear and sacred, and oppose any form of national firearms registry."
|U.S. Senate, Texas Republican Primary, 2014|
|John Cornyn Incumbent||59.4%||781,259|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|Ken Cope (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$0||$8,784||$(9,637)||$147|
Cope and his wife, Marie, have three children. He attends First Baptist Church in Midlothian, Texas.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Cope + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Campaign website, "Bio," accessed January 10, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 10, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Ken Cope Year-End," accessed February 16, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |