|Idaho Director of Labor|
|November 25, 2013 - present|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||November 15, 2013|
|Appointed by||Governor Butch Otter (R)|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
Edmunds was serving as a member of the State Board of Education of Idaho when Otter appointed him to replace longtime director Roger Madsen, who held the office from 1995 until his retirement on November 15, 2013. Edmunds resigned from the board of education in addition to his seat on the Idaho Global Entrepreneurial Council before he took as director office on November 25, 2013. His appointment requires approval by the Senate, which reconvenes in January 2014.
Edmunds is a career businessman based in Twin Falls with a background in management, consultancy and accounting. In his over 25 years of private sector experience, Edmunds has worked as controller of a Twin Falls development and construction company and a senior executive and consultant with Ameristar Casinos. In addition, he was manager and C.P.A. for the accounting firm Price Waterhouse.
Aside from his private sector credits, Edmunds gained experience in public service while serving the Idaho government as a member of both the State Board of Education and the Idaho Global Entrepreneurial Council. He resigned from both bodies in order to head the state department of labor in November 2013.
Edmunds attended Brigham Young University and holds a Master degree in accounting.
- Bachelor degree - Brigham Young University
- Master degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
Director of Labor (2013-present)
Gov. Butch Otter named Edmunds Idaho's labor director following the resignation of veteran officeholder Roger Madsen on November 15, 2013. Edmunds assumed the role on November 25, 2013.
As director, Edmunds is in charge of the Idaho Department of Labor, the state agency charged with administering the state's labor regulations, unemployment insurance laws and workforce development programs.
Edmunds resides in Twin Falls. He and his wife, Jane, have four children and seven grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Edmunds + Idaho + Labor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- State Impact Idaho, "Meet Idaho Department of Labor Director Roger Madsen," accessed September 4, 2012
- Office of the Governor of Idaho, "News release: KEN EDMUNDS NAMED NEW IDAHO DEPARTMENT OF LABOR DIRECTOR," November 15, 2013
- Idaho Board of Education, "Board Members," accessed November 26, 2013
- The Spokesman-Review, "Otter names Ken Edmunds to replace retiring Roger Madsen as Labor Chief," November 15, 2013
- Boise Weekly.com, "Labor Department Director Will Be Jobless Soon... He's Retiring," August 11, 2013
- Idaho Department of Labor, " Agency History," accessed June 15, 2013
|Idaho Director of Labor
| Succeeded by|