For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 119|
|High school||James Island High School|
|Bachelor's||Charleston Southern University|
Fipps is a South Carolina native. After graduating from James Island High School in 2009, he earned his B.S. in history from Charleston Southern University in 2013.
Fipps listed the following themes on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "End ObamaCare in South Carolina-ObamaCare is a gross overstep by the federal government."
- Excerpt: "Replace Common Core- Common Core has relinquished control of our education system to the federal government and ultimately hinders the future of our state."
- Gun control
- Excerpt: "The right to bear arms is simply that, a constitutional right. South Carolina should not require citizens to have a permit in order to carry a gun, and should instead adopt an open carry policy that would give free exercise of our second amendment right."
- Excerpt: "Abortion is an evil that needs to be abolished."
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Incumbent Leon Stavrinakis was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Chris Cannon defeated Ken Fipps in the Republican primary. Colin Ross ran as a Libertarian candidate. Sean Thornton (L) was defeated at convention. Stavrinakis defeated Cannon and Ross in the general election.
|South Carolina State House, District 119, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Leon Stavrinakis Incumbent||60.5%||6,676|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 119 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ken + Fipps + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2014 Election Information," accessed March 31, 2014
- Ken Fipps for SC 119, "About," accessed April 7, 2014
- Ken Fipps for SC 119: "On the Issues," accessed April 7, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Primary Election Results," accessed June 11, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |