Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 105|
|Bachelor's||Stetson University, 1987|
|J.D.||University of Florida College of Law, 1992|
|Date of birth||12/26/1965|
Gjertsen's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"The first priority is creating a business-friendly climate that generates economic growth and creates jobs. We will jump-start this by reducing taxes and eliminating burdensome regulations."
- Excerpt:"The recent revaluation performed by Mecklenburg County is seriously flawed. It intentionally placed much of the increased tax burden on the northern and southern portions of the county. We need a much clearer and more transparent revaluation and appeals process. "
- Excerpt:"Local school systems need more flexibility in setting calendars, more flexibility to innovate on how to educate students, and more local control over curriculum and performance. At a state level, we need to encourage the integration of free-market forces throughout the education system, and raise performance standards."
- Excerpt:"We have a fragile transportation grid in District 105– one accident on a main road can cause gridlock throughout the district. We must change the formula for distributing transportation dollars. We must restore the integrity of the Highway Trust Fund. We should allow communities to consider a 'Pennies for Progress' type program."
20122012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 105. He lost to Jacqueline Schaffer in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 105 Republican Primary, 2012|
Gjertsen and his wife, Kristin, have two children, David and Andrew.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ken + Gjertsen + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Ken Gjertsen on Twitter
- kengjertsen.com - Issues
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Charlotte Observer, "N.C. Legislature - Mecklenburg: Earle wins 9th term; Aneralla, Tarte battling," May 9, 2012 (dead link)
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |