|North Carolina House of Representatives District 66|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University|
|Service/branch||U.S. National Guard|
|Years of service||1969-1975|
Goodman earned an A.A. from Wingate University and a B.S. from Florida State University. He has been the Director of First Southern Savings Bank and the Chief Financial Officer of Richmond Yarns Inc. Goodman is currently the owner of RW Goodman Inc. He served in the United States National Guard from 1969 to 1975.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Goodman served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Goodman served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014.
Goodman ran for re-election in 2012. He ran unopposed in the May 8, 2012, Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 66, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ken Goodman Incumbent||100%||21,659|
Goodman won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives after replacing incumbent Melanie Goodwin on the Democratic general election ballot. Goodman defeated James Parsons in the November 2 general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 66 (2010)|
|Ken Goodman (D)||11,298||60.68%|
|James Parsons (R)||7,322||39.32%|
Comprehensive donor information for Goodman is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Goodman raised a total of $129,403 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Ken Goodman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 66||$60,182|
|2010||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 66||$69,221|
|Grand Total Raised||$129,403|
2012Goodman won re-election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Goodman raised a total of $60,182.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Goodman's campaign in 2012|
|Northeast Anesthesia & Pain Specialists||$4,000|
|North Carolina Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|North Carolina Medical Society||$3,000|
|Goodman, Kenneth L||$2,247|
|Total Raised in 2012||$60,182|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Goodman and his wife, Cindy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ken + Goodman + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Veteran Calif. congressman not seeking re-election - Washington Post
- Veteran Calif. Rep. George Miller not seeking re-election - Fresno Bee
- Calif. congressman George Miller will not seek re-election in 2014 - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Amiri Baraka, former NJ poet laureate and prolific author, dead at 79 - Cambridge Community Television
- Scotland reps reflect on 'disappointing' year - Laurinburg Exchange
- Calif. congressman George Miller will not seek re-election in 2014 | The Republic - The Tribune
- Vucanovich, Norton, Gorme among notables who left us in 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- World remembers celebrated figures who died in 2013 - BDlive
- Thatcher, Mandela, Chavez Were Among Notable Deaths in 2013 - Businessweek
- Oscars 2014: From 'About Time' to 'Zaytoun,' 289 features qualify for Academy ... - NOLA.com
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
|North Carolina House - District 66
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |