|Alabama House of Representatives District 14|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Guin currently works as an attorney for his own firm Ken Guin Attorney at Law, PC. He has previously worked as an attorney for Hardin, Taber, and Tucker from 1988-1990, and Laird and Wiley from 1987-1988.
He currently serves as Lay Leader/Young Adult Sunday School Teacher for the First United Methodist Church of Carbon Hill. He also sits on the Board of Directors for the State Legislative Leader Foundation, Chairman of Trustees of the United Methodist Church, Jasper District, and on the Board of the Walker Baptist Medical Center.
Guin's answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are provided. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not provide an answer when asked his top legislative priorities.
Guin formerly served on the following committees:
- Constitution and Elections Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Alabama House of Representatives (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Consent Calendars
- Subcommittee on Constitution Revisions
- Tuscaloosa County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 14 General Election (2010)|
|Richard Baughn (R)||9,327|
|Ken Guin (D)||4,121|
Guin raised $299,906 for his campaign.
Below are Guin's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$5,000|
|Business Council of Alabama||$5,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,500|
In 2006, Guin raised $299,906 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Alabama Education Association||$15,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$7,500|
|Alabama State Employees Association||$6,172|
- Ken Guin's personal website
- Alabama Legislature - Ken Guin
- Project Vote Smart - Ken Guin
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Guin
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Guin Issue Positions
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Ken Guin
|Alabama House District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|