|Oregon House of Representatives, District 34|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Bend Senior High School|
|J.D.||Willamette University College of Law|
Helm earned his B.A. in History and Political Science from Willamette University and his J.D. from Willamette University College of Law. His professional experience includes working as a baker, clerking for the Land Use Board of Appeals, for Metro, the regional government in the Portland area that manages the urban growth boundary and as a lawyer at his own law firm.
Helm's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Strengthen our economy
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner himself, Ken understands the challenges small businesses face . Ken will help bring predictability to how and where our cities and counties grow, work to rebuild our infrastructure and support clean energy development to create the jobs of tomorrow and protect Oregon’s natural legacy."
Invest in Better Schools
- Excerpt: "As a parent, Ken knows investments in early childhood education and smaller class sizes are vital to our children’s future. He will work to give our children the education they need to succeed."
- Excerpt: "Ken will work to make sure all Oregonians have access to quality, affordable care and politicians never stand between women and the health care they need."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Ken Helm defeated Brian Tosky and Jason Yurgel in the Democratic primary. Helm and write-in candidate Brenden King (R) will face off in the general election. King is running as a Libertarian candidate and Helm is running on the Working Families Party ticket.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 34 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Helm's endorsements include the following:
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters
- SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
- AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees)
- NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon
- Beaverton Education Association
- Oregon Education Association
- United Food and Commercial Workers
- Oregon Nurses Association
- Brad Avakian, Labor Commissioner
- Chris Harker, State Representative
Helm and his wife, Mariah, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Helm + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 34
- Official campaign website
- Ken Helm on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About Ken," accessed April 24, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Why Ken is running?" accessed April 24, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Endorsements," accessed April 24, 2014