Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan State Senate, District 32|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Horn's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "Government doesn’t create jobs, people create jobs. The government needs to step aside and let industry and small businesses flourish. With a modest understandable tax rate we can promote entrepreneurship instead of stifling it. In the right environment, our independent businesses will create jobs and put Michigan’s economy back on track."
- Excerpt: "Michigan families are making tough decisions around the dinner table about what they can and cannot afford. They’re feeling the economic squeeze and tightening their budgets — Michigan government needs to do the same. We cannot continue to spend money we don’t have."
- Excerpt: "In addition to a modest tax rate, Michigan needs to do everything it can to cut red tape for growing businesses and conscientious homeowners. Every additional regulation we place on responsible citizens leads to additional costs and more businesses moving jobs out of our state."
Quality of Life
- Excerpt: "Michigan is already a great place to call home, not only because of our state’s natural beauty but because of its citizens. Our taxpayers deserve more than they’re currently getting for their money. My spending priorities are focused around enhancing the lives of our residents and attracting new families to our state."
- Excerpt: "I will continue to work to decrease our dependence on outside sources for our energy needs and encourage advancements in new energy technologies. Our citizens have the skills and resources to continue to be at the front of this exciting new industry."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate will consist of a primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Stacy Erwin Oakes faces Garnet Lewis in the Democratic primary. Ken Horn is unopposed in the Republican primary.
In 2014, Horn's endorsements include:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Horn + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 32
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Ken Horn on Facebook