|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 100|
|2007 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||January 9, 2007|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Date of birth||September 10, 1951|
|Place of birth||Columbia, Mississippi|
Morgan's professional experience includes owning Ken's Welding Shop, Inc.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Morgan served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Conservation and Water Resources|
|• State Library|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, Vice Chair|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Morgan served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Conservation and Water Resources|
|• Juvenile Justice|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Morgan won re-election to District 100 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Harry Griffith in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 100 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Ken Morgan Incumbent||72.9%||7,028|
On November 6, 2007, Morgan was re-elected in District 100, defeating Democratic challenger O.K. (Kenny) Moore in the general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 100 (2007)|
|Ken Morgan (R)||4,527||55.42%|
|O.K. "Kenny" Moore (D)||3,642||44.58%|
In 2011, Morgan received $19,500 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Morgan's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$3,000|
|Mississippi House Republican Conference||$2,000|
|Mississippi Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$1,000|
|T L Wallace Construction||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$19,500|
|Total Votes received in 2011||7,028|
|Cost of each vote received||$2.77|
In 2007, Morgan collected $34,191 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Republican Party||$7,291|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$2,500|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Mississippi Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Kens Welding Inc.||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Morgan is married with two children. He has been a member of the National Rifle Association, Joppa Temple, Marion County Development Partnership, Marion County Forestry Association, Marion County Land Conservation Association, Marion County Shrine Club, and Saint Alban's Lodge #60.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ken + Morgan + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Morgan
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Ken Morgan
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 100
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |