|Virginia House of Delegates District 36|
|1982 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||31|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Old Dominion University, 1965|
|Master's||University of Virginia, 1967|
|Place of birth||Shenandoah, VA|
Plum earned his B.A. at Old Dominion University in 1965 and his M.Ed. from the University of Virginia in 1967.
Plum was an Administrator for Fairfax County Public Schools from 1967 to 1997, a teacher from 1967 to 1997, and the Director of Adult and Community Education from 1966 to 1996.
He currently sits on the board of Celebrating Special Children, the Dulles Corridor Rail Association Board, and the Virginia Literacy Foundation.
In the 2012-2013 session, Plum served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Plum served on the following committees:
- Standards of Conduct Subcommittee
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
Plum’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Working for a stable economy and job growth."
- "Serving as a role model for civility in public life."
- "Protecting and enhancing funding for public schools"
- "Expanding transportation choices including rail in the Dulles Corridor."
- "Safeguarding our environment."
- "Keeping our community safe."
Plum's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. He listed his top priorities as:
- "Work to improve quality of the environment and use of renewable energy."
- "Expand mass transit"
- "Strengthen our public education programs, pre-K through college"
- HB 2176 Energy Efficiency and Conservation Fund; established.
- HB 2177 Rechargeable battery recycling; authorizes localities to ban disposal of certain.
- HB 2538 Virginia Advisory Redistricting Commission; created. 
Plum won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 36. Plum ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. He was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013.
On November 8, 2011, Plum won re-election to District 36 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and defeated Hugh Cannon (R) in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 36 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Ken Plum Incumbent||64.1%||9,522|
In 2009, Plum was elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Mac Cannon in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 36 (2009)|
|Ken Plum (D)||12,893|
|Mac Cannon (R)||8,581|
In 2011, Plum received $281,141 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Plum's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$6,500|
|Kfoury, Mr Jorge||$5,456|
|Rice, Mr Edward H||$5,000|
|M C Dean Inc||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$281,141|
|Total Votes received in 2011||9,522|
|Cost of each vote received||$29.53|
The top five donors to Plum's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$8,000|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Assoc||$7,500|
|Virginia Assoc of Health Plans||$5,342|
|Virginia Professional Fire Fighters||$5,000|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$5,000|
Plum and his wife, Jane, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ken + Plum + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ken Plum: Mental health needs going unmet - Augusta Free Press
- Ken Plum: Busy time in Virginia politics - Augusta Free Press
- Ken Plum: Beyond Thanksgiving Day - Augusta Free Press
- Ken Plum: Invest in the young - Augusta Free Press
- The Monterey County Herald - Monterey County Herald
- Newport News mayor on McAuliffe inaugural committee - Daily Press (blog)
- Registrar tests the system - Daily Press
- Have Yourself a Theater-Filled Christmas From Coast to Coast - TheaterMania.com
- After seniority drawing, Mason ranks 94th - Daily Press (blog)
- On stage: Holiday shows, plays and more through Dec. 31 - Dallas Morning News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Delegate Ken Plum official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Plum
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Delegate Plum
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Delegate Plum Issue Positions
- ↑ Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- ↑ Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- ↑ Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 36
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |