|Iowa State Senate District 40|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Mahaska County Supervisor|
Rozenbloom's professional experience includes working as a Mahaska County Supervisor, and operating a family farm with his brother.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rozenboom served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Natural Resources & Environment|
|• Rules and Administration|
|• Veterans Affairs|
Rozenbloom's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Private sector jobs and small business are the economic engines that create wealth, and we need to do everything we can to improve the health of the private sector job creators."
- "We need to support manufacturing, agriculture and other industry by creating a tax environment that encourages growth."
- "We need to find ways to create a better learning environment, to allow our teachers to focus solely on teaching the fundamentals, and to expect positive outcomes."
- "We have unfinished business with respect to the definition of marriage in Iowa. The process the Court used to change the Defense of Marriage Act was unconstitutional, and the result of the Supreme Court’s rejection of the law is unacceptable."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Rozenbloom ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 40. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. No candidates filed to run in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 40, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Rozenboom is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Rozenboom raised a total of $55,608 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Ken Rozenboom's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State Senate, District 40||$55,608|
|Grand Total Raised||$55,608|
2012Rozenboom won election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Rozenboom raised a total of $55,608.
|Iowa State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ken Rozenboom's campaign in 2012|
|Rozenboom, Kenneth J||$3,426|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,000|
|Iowa Republican Party||$2,084|
|Crookham, Joe P||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$55,608|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Ken and his wife, Becky, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ken + Rozenbloom + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Rozenboom's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
James Hahn (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|